Saturday, July 2, 2011

Canada Day: Bigger than F*cking St. Patty's

Canada celebrated its 144th birthday yesterday, and all I got was this lousy hangover.


But what a party we had in honour of the greatest country in the world (see: not in its honour at all really, we just needed an excuse to get drunk).

Canada Day in the capital city of Ottawa: truly a recipe for disaster. Add beautiful weather, friends and liquor o'plenty to the mix, and you're in trouble. A marathon day of drinking kind of trouble.

Arguably, Canada Day just usurped St. Patrick's Day as the one day of the year Canadians (see: me) get the most fucked up. After all, I've long maintained that these two 'holidays' share many common themes.


Okay, so one common theme: people getting crazy stupid drunk. Intoxicated. Wrecked. Three sheets to the wind. Crunk. Smashed. Pissed. Fucked up. Shit canned. Bombed. Blitzed. Tanked. Tipsy. Buzzed. Blasted. Sloshed. Plowed. Messed-up. Annihilated. Slammed. Trashed. Loaded.

I need to stop with the binge drinking. I'm not a frat boy.

So today I decided to. I downloaded this neat little Blackberry app called My Fitness Pal. Nerdy, yes, but I need all the crutches I can get.

Today I also set goals.Today's goal: surviving this beast of a hangover and maybe changing my shirt. Tomorrow's goal: create a gym and meal plan.

Ongoing goal: stop being a festering pile of shit.

Think I can stick to at least one of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment